Billy R20 Recycled Drybag Float
The Billy R20 Drybag is a 20L inflatable drybag tow float made from recycled plastic bottles, it’s bright and light, helps increase the safety of the swimmer, and can carry items whilst swimming. Packed with useful features we really have thought of everything including the environment.
- Made with recycled plastic bottles for eco-sustainability
- Designed with Optimised Streamlining for minimal drag
- Can be used to store items whilst swimming e.g keys, phone.
- Grab handles, integrated safety whistle and gear attachment points
- Durable, Bright, and lightweight
The Billy R20 Recycled Drybag Tow Float has been designed by swim safety experts Swim the Lakes and is highly recommended to open water swimmers who need to be extra visible in the water to help keep them safer and those who might need to carry some small items whilst swimming.
Instructions for using the Puffin Tow Floats:
- Start with the drybag deflated
- Place your items in the drybag
- Roll the top closure down a minimum of 3 folds
- Bring the 2 clip ends together and clip it closed.
- Inflate the drybag float by using the fast flow valves on each side of the float.
- Attach the leash to the bag via the carabiner clip. Attach the waist-belt to the leash by threading the waist belt through the loop. The leash length can be adjusted to swimmers preferred length.
- Clip the waist-belt around your waist and away you go.
- To deflate simply take the little caps off the valve, turn the cap over and push the back of the cap into the valve to deflate.
NB: We recommend placing electronic items inside a waterproof bag, such as the Waterproof phone pouch, before placing inside the drybag. The Billy Drybag Tow Float is not a lifesaving device. They are designed to be used by competent swimmers. Floats are not designed for continuous immersion.
Sustainable and better for the environment
The new Recycled Tow Float Range from Puffin Swim are the first swimmer’s tow floats in the UK to be made with Recycled Plastic bottles, recycling plastic helps to reduce landfill and reduce the number of new plastics being made.
These quality floats have been created by swimmers and swim safety experts Swim the Lakes.
Bright, Light & Easy to use
The Billy R20 Drybag Float easily attaches around the swimmer’s waist with the adjustable waist-strap and leash, it floats above the swimmers’ thighs, out of stroke range whilst swimming. The float leash is adjustable in length so the swimmer can alter it to their preferred length.
It’s bright to make the swimmer more visible to other water users and is ideal for holding onto whilst taking a break. There’s even an integrated safety whistle at the buckle and gear attachment points.
Drybag Storage Compartment
With 2 inflatable chambers and a separate storage compartment, swimmers can place items inside to take on the swim, e.g. phone, keys, snacks. The float can be used in all swimming conditions, with or without your gear inside.
Used correctly the Billy Drybag floats are waterproof but we recommend electronic and other valuable items are sealed inside a waterproof pouch before placing inside the dry bag tow float.
Optimised Streamlining for Minimal Drag
The leash attaches to the float via a stainless-steel karabiner clip under the front of the float. This low tow point along with the float shape, valve position and direction of tow have all been designed to reduce drag.
The Billy R20 Recycled Drybag Features & Specification:
- Brightly coloured and designed to increase visibility to others
- Optimised streamlining for reduced drag
- Dual-air chambers with separate equipment chamber for storage
- Ideal to hold on to whilst taking a rest in the water
- Signaling whistle integrated into the buckle and gear attachment points
- 2 Carry/ grab handles on float sides
- 2 Fast-flow air valves to easily inflate or deflate for transportation
- Flexible use: Can be used with or without items inside
- Designed by swim safety experts
- Material: RPET (Recycled Plastic bottles) / PVC
- Capacity 20L capacity.
- Weight: 351g
- Dimensions of drybag deflated: 610mm x 340mm
- Waist belt extends to 120cm (spares are available)
The Billy R20 Recycled Drybag Float helps increase the safety of the swimmer and can carry items whilst swimming. Its light yet packed with useful features. Use it in a variety of swimming situations such as solo swims or swimming with groups and with or without items inside, we really have thought of everything including the environment.