Seabirds Brighton found a fellow Seabirds, Puffin Swim who make these fantastic and eco-friendly drybag tow floats. Read on to see why we love them...
The Billy Eco15 Drybag Tow Float is the first eco-friendly tow float.
- PVC Free
- The Billy Eco15 Drybag is a great eco-friendly yet extremely durable option.
- Designed with Optimised Streamlining; tow points and shape are designed for reduced drag
- 15L volume drybag for taking small items on your swim.
The Billy Eco15 Drybag Float is lightweight, has optimal streamlining and is designed to be better for the environment.
The Billy Eco15 Drybag Float is lightweight, has optimal streamlining and is designed to be better for the environment. Easy to use and fabulous Puffin logo. We love a Seabird! As a Brighton based social enterprise, Seabirds give their profits to charity to support well being initiatives and to get more people into the sea for sea swimming. Salted Well being.
All Puffin floats are designed with Optimised Streamlining and the Billy Eco15 Drybag is no different. The float’s shape, valve position, low tow point, tow attachment point and direction of tow are all designed to reduce drag.
The drybag floats behind the swimmer and does not interfere with the swimmers’ stroke.
Bright, Light & Easy to Use
The Eco15 Drybag features a waterproof compartment which is separate to the air chamber. This means the swimmer can take their essential items such as keys or spare goggles with them whilst in the water.
The Eco15 is bright orange to increase the visibility and safety of the swimmer in the water.
The Eco15 Drybag is easy to use, the float has a short adjustable leash attached to it, this leash then simply threads onto the waist belt. The buckle on the waist belt is chunky to make it easier to operate with cold fingers.
Eco Drybag Tow Float.
Made with Biodegradable TPU a more eco-friendly option than PVC as it is low in toxicity. It’s very durable and resistant to abrasion, it is also tear and puncture-resistant making it an ideal material for a swim float. The Nylon is recyclable.
Features and Specification of the Billy Eco15 Drybag
- PVC Free Eco-friendly
- Optimal streamlining – to reduce drag
- Bright orange to increase the visibility of the swimmer
- Durable and abrasion-resistant
- The short adjustable leash is safely attached to the float.
- Provided with leash & waist belt attached.
- Dimensions: 60cm x 29cm
- Volume: 15L
How to use the Billy Eco15 Drybag
- Start with the bag deflated
- Place your items in the drybag and expel excess air
- Close the top flat and roll the top down a minimum 3 times
- Clip the buckles together.
- Inflate the drybag using the mouthpiece (twist mouthpiece to open & close)
- Once fully inflated close the mouthpiece.
- The drybag float is already attached to a short leash, simply thread this onto to your waist-belt and fit the adjustable belt around your waist.
Have a great swim.
NB: We recommend placing electronic items inside a waterproof bag before placing inside the Eco15 drybag. The Billy Eco15 is not a lifesaving device and is for use by competent swimmers. It is not designed to be submerged.
Why the Billy Eco15 is better for the environment
It’s made with Biodegradable TPU laminated on nylon. The laminating uses a process which is solvent-free and low in toxicity which is less harmful to the environment compared to PVC. The TPU laminate is biodegradable and the nylon fabric is recyclable.
This is the most advanced materials used in swim floats in terms of being eco-friendly.
Find out more about biodegradable TPU
Lightweight , visible and means I don’t have to leave my car keys on the beach whilst I swim. Safety and security sorted!
Great personal service!
Great products with eco credentials
I've bought several things from the Seabirds including tow float, stainless steel water bottle and swim hat. Everything is great quality and was delivered quickly. It's nice to know that any profits go to helping other people into the sea and on their way to better wellbeing.
Love it! I take it each time I swim. I put my keys and phone in it and it also helps kite surfers and SUPs to avoid me. (And when I swim at dusk I put a flashing bike light inside it. Disco time.)