ALL OF OUR SWIMMING LESSONS AND SESSIONS ARE NOW AVAILABLE TO BOOK VIA THIS LINK
CLICK HERE TO BOOK
This is a course of 4 x 45 minute sessions (30 minutes in the water) aimed at swimmers who would like to transition from head up breast stroke to front crawl sea swimming. This course is only suitable for swimmers that can swim 200m breast stroke without stopping (8 length standard pool)
The course includes;
- Being safe and how to make yourself seen/attract the lifeguard's attention
- Front crawl essentials; breathing, body position, propulsion
- Stroke adjustment and relaxing your stroke
- Practise exercises and stretches
The session will take place on the beach so appropriate clothing should be worn.
Location: King Alfred Beach
There is on street parking and a car park available near by.
All sessions are taught by qualified Level 2 Open Water Swimming Coaches and two coaches are present at each session to ensure we operate safely. All of our coaches are passionate about sea swimming for wellbeing and increasing swimmers confidence via technique enhancement so the sea can be enjoyed safely. The groups are small so ideal for nervous swimmers.
The small but very important print. Please read carefully before you book.
1. We are unable to offer refunds or exchanges. Please note we are a Community Interest Company that promote sea swimming for Mental Health and aim to make it safe, accessible and fun for all. We operate as a small Social Enterprise and cannot therefore process refunds or exchanges whilst keeping our costs low, keeping our groups small, paying our coaches an appropriate wage and donating our profits.
2. We may change the location of your lesson if sea conditions are not suitable or safe. Your safety is our number one priority. Other locations we use include Saltdean Beach and Kingston Beach (Shoreham RNLI). Both alternative beaches are designated bathing beaches.
3. The course is 4 sessions long. If for any reason we need to cancel a session we will add a lesson on to the end of the schedule so please keep this date free too.
4. You are learning in the sea, this is a very different environment to a pool and therefore the lesson will be different to a traditional pool lesson. (It's a lot more fun!)
5. If you are not acclimatised to spending 30 mins comfortably in the water in a swimsuit we strongly advise you wear a swimming wetsuit. We also strongly encourage brightly coloured swim hats and tow floats.